I love to find new information on Instagram; it is probably my strongest source of news and updates. Since this is a platform I scroll on every day, it is very easy for me to be exposed to updates on almost any topic. Whether it be accounts I follow, mutual friends' interests, or my feed that has been tailored to my interests, I am constantly learning new things on Instagram. This is also a good way to make the information interactive, giving audiences a way to directly engage with and reshare what they see with their own followers.
The easiest place for me to hear about what is going on in today's world is through TikTok. Not only do I see relevant news, but I get to see updates that my algorithm has determined would be interesting to me. Since TikTok is an app that I spend a decent amount of time on anyway, it is easy for me to learn new things that I might not have heard about otherwise. It presents the information in a quick & engaging way, so I can easily become informed and invested in the topic.
Whenever I have to do my own research on something, Google is my first choice. If I hear about something from a friend or even on social media, I quickly turn to Google to find more information or confirmation on what I heard. This helps me become more well-rounded on my sources of information, because while social media is very practical, it's not always the most reliable. By searching on Google for more scholarly sources, I can feel more confident and knowledgeable on any given topic.
| Spotify-Podcast Platform |
While YouTube isn't a platform I use as often as I used to, it is a great way to search for a more thorough description or explanation of any given topic. You can find music videos, summaries, animations, and endless options of creative interpretations of new information. It is a great way to find different breakdowns and perspectives of one topic, while also filtering what you determine to be interesting or relevant.

No comments:
Post a Comment